Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Starting of the day


It is been almost 3 years I did not walk around Georgetown. Yes, I really mean walking, not raiding or driving. 11th May would be the first day ever after 3 years I do the walking activity again. However this time the purpose of walking would be different from the last 3years. I am doing my practical concerning about the heritage at the Acheen Street Malay Mosque given by my practical advisor Pn Nazlina bt Hussin who is the writer of the http://www.penangheritagecity.com webpage.
I started my journey from Komtar. I can just walk to the Acheen Street from Komtar, but that day I prefered to hop the MPPP Rapid Penang CAT Free Shuttle Bus to the World Heritage Office or also being call as Penang Heritage Centre to know the services. The station at Komtar is number 9. After being waiting for 25minutes, the bus arrived. Then it waited for 5minutes before continuing the journey. I managed to get the front sit beside one Malay girl. Then the bus turned into Magazine Road and took another turns to right into Penang Road. It stopped at station 10 which is in front of Ong Kongsi. In this station there are 5 old Chinese hops on the bus. One of them did not have the set as the bus is full. Then I gave my seat to the old man. The moment I woke up, the uncle thanks me and I believe that is going to be good day. The bus keeps moving along Penang Road and took right into Transfer Road. At the second traffic light, the bus turned right into Hutton Lane and right again after reached another traffic light into Penang Road which has the station 11 again and at the Y junction it took on the left into Dr. Lim Chwee Leong Road. The bus moved straight passed the station 12 and 13 and took left into Carnarvon Street. Then I stopped at the station 14. Cross the road and waited for Puan Nazlina in front of the blue building of Penang Heritage Centre or World Heritage Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment